Tuesday, October 4, 2016

#SaPilipinasBound: The RAIN Never Bothered Us Anyway...(;

Crazy story.

So my comp and I were out tracking one day exploring a new area that was given to us by our Zone Leaders...but the weather has been pretty mean to us these past few weeks. It just happened to want to rain during our Contacting Time...and when it rains, IT POURS!!


The area was IMMEDIATELY flooded in like less then 5 minutes, it was pretty nuts and I have a video cause it was pretty crazy.


I have these open sores on my legs too which don't help because we're walking in this flooded area, which is dirty water that's just a mixture of who-knows-what, and it's just down pouring so hard *crying*. But it's okay, like they say in showbiz..."THE SHOW MUST GO ON"....or here in the Mission..."THE SEARCHING AND WALKING MUCH GO ON!" And we did.


But I remember there was a part that was pretty deep and the water was just coming at us and the water was NOT feeling good at all and I look up to see that my companion had made it to a pretty dry area and then look down to see what was in front of me to get to her...A HUMANGOUS DEAD RAT!!!!!


OMG. I was dead. I started screaming to my companion and telling her to wait and that I was freaking out. It was probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. But I literally see these huge rats here everyday...but now this one was dead and the one thing blocking me from joining my companion. WHAT WAS I TO DO!!??


Luckily, there was a kind guy that came out from his house with a sweeper and just sort of sent the rat on his way down the mix of trash and junk in the flood...actually it started going towards me and i was almost going to KILL HIM..but then he ran and whisked it to the other direction. Safe.


I ran to my comp after that. I bit shaken, but I made it through! #tanaProbs.


WELL, HELLO EVERYONE!!


This week was great!


Had Zone Conference which was THE BOMB!!!


Update on our Investigators:


Brother Omar (the brother-in-law of Nanay Venus) was available this week and was sooo great! he loves having the lessons with us and learning more about the gospel. It's something so new to him. We showed him The Restoration video (about Joseph Smith) and he just told us straight up he knows he's a true prophet of God and that everything about him is true! I just love teaching him. He's the best. He even came to church for the first time yesterday and LOVED IT!! Hoping good things for this man and his family.


WE FINALLY GOT TO TEACH BROTHER ORLANDO! The one with no leg! Wow, this man is DEFINITELY someone the Lord has prepared for us. He's amazing and so humble. Super receptive too. We've had two lessons with him so far and he always gets so teary eyed. He's such a fast learner too. We love being able to visit him and hopefully his family will start to join us too.


Nanay Gloria came to church by herself yesterday! Seriously was SO HAPPY! She's really getting prepared to get baptized and dedicate herself! She's progressing and is soooo ready!


Sis Diana is slipping. She hasn't been keeping her commitments. We don't know what's going on. We're still hoping and praying that she will gain that desire again to turn her life unto Christ.


MOMENTS LIKE THIS ARE WHAT MAKES BEING A MISSIONARY SOOOO GREAT!!!!>.<


I met a man this morning that asked me who we are and where we're from. I told him I'm from America and that we're the Missionaries of the LDS Church or better known as Mormons. He asked about what we do and he was wondering how I know Tagalog. I told him I've been here for quite some time now (3 months na lang..(:) and he expressed to us how great he thinks we are for sacrificing that much of our time and our life to serving the Lord. We smiled at him and said, "Yes, sacrifice...but an even GREATER BLESSING." He agreed.


Love life. Can't believe my flight plans are here!!! Crazy stuff right there.


OMG...ELD BROWN COMES HOME NEXT WEEK. I bet he's so sad.


Love you all! MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT SA LAHAT!! MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!!!!!


Til next time...


Love, Sis Alapa

No comments:

Post a Comment