Thursday, September 1, 2016

#SaPilipinasBound: Trials and Blessings

#SaPilipinasBound: Trials and Blessings(:
Crazy week. 

Started off the week with a cold (great...buhay..) and wasn't feeling the best, but we still were pushing on. It was pretty obvious that I had a stuffed up nose during the lessons and one of our PM investigators is a Nanay and offered me meds to make my nose stop running. So I did cause I wanted it to stop. The problem was...IT MADE ME SOOO TIRED. I was literally dragging my feet and my comp was so worried. I didn't know what was wrong and kept feeling like I was going to topple over or something. I was thinking, this must be what it feels like to be high. Haha, then we went to Nanay Venus and she told us that I was "high". Not really like that, but the meds I took is one that I should take before going to sleep. Oh. Oops. Haha. But I pushed through the day! Heaven only knows how...Lol. 

Hello family(:

Last night, we were visiting with Nanay Venus (our Recent Convert) and she was just soooo sad because of all the trials that were coming into her and her families life. Her father is sick, her siblings keep fighting, they have no money...and all that jazz. It was so sad to watch and hear. Her and her husband were so hungry. Her husband, who we call Tatay, came in asking if there is any food and she just told him that he won't die for not eating for one day. I was so sad and couldn't believe what I heard. He walked out so sad and went to drink his troubles away. Unfortunately, he then got drunk and started saying really mean things to Nanay's families which made the whole family mad at him.

In the middle of our lesson as we were teaching Nanay, we hear just yelling from outside. Nanay had to excuse herself and check what was going on. Her husband was so drunk and saying things to the family that really hurt them. 

To make a long story short, a fight totally broke out. It was crazy! The guy is like 57 years old but he was just going. It took a lot of people to hold him back. We were inside the house just watching and trying to figure out a way to get out before someone shoots him or something. Poor Nanay, she was just trying to hold him back--but he kept pushing her off. So sad. We finally were able to get around him when everyone was holding him back from the other guy and we just waited to get Nanay's attention that we were leaving. She just motioned for us to pray for her. Sooo sad. We love this family and hate seeing them struggling so much. 

But before all that happened, we were having a pretty great week. 

Committed families to pray together as a family which was the best thing ever! Yay!

Really seeing progress in one of our families...we're still hoping and praying for a miracle. 

Oh! Wrote my first song here in the Mish. I wrote it for my comp because I love her and she has a cute story about her and her best friend. I'll send it to you guys to listen. 

Well, lots is happening but so little time. Sorry the internet is so whack here and it's annoying me, but no worries--life goes on. 

Literally balled my eyes out watching Nana's video. Girl inspires me. Love you Taiana!!! You can do it girl! You still cute. Always. 

I MISS MAI MAI SOOOO MUCH!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S THERE AND SHE LOOKS SO GORGEOUS AND SHE'S SO PERFECT!! UGHHH...MAIIII JUST WAIT FOR ME!!! Love that girl. Everyone just give her the biggest hug for me!!!!

Well, this work is perfect. I'm legit scared to think that I only have such a short time left here. These are my people, my family. And I think I hate American Food! OH, AND I LOVE RICE!!!! I don't know how I lived with out it for so long...weird. 

I just love being a Missionary(; Brookie, you are going to LOVE IT HERE IN THE FIELD. Serious. #bestthingever. #noregrets #blessed. 

Love you all. 

Love, Sis Alapa

No comments:

Post a Comment