Sunday, March 6, 2016

#SaPilipinasBound: NEW AREA, THREESOME, CITYLIFE

Yes. I'm FINALLY in my second area here in the mission.


Yes. I have two companions now.

Yes. It's pretty awesome(;


I have a funny story though.


We were standing in the grocery line the other week buying...groceries (Duhh).


The lines were so long, so Sis Gabalfin and I were standing in one line while Sis Bellita stood just across from us in the other line. We were all lucky we were close to the front though. There was a man though, hopping from one line to the other trying to squeeze himself in or something cause he didn't want to wait in line.


He then goes to the line where Sis Bellita is at and stands next to her. She doesn't notice and then I look to see him put his big bottle of liquor into her basket. Sis Bellita looks up and is sort of like "What in the WORLD are you doing!?" And he responds, "I only have this one item and the line is so long..." She looks to us, not sure what to do.


Sis Gabs and I start busting out laughing so hard and the man does too. It just looked a bit funny cause there's this little sister missionary with this big bottle of wine or something in her basket. She then bends down to take it out and offers for him to go in front of her. He graciously accepted the offer.


Man, wish I took a pic of that moment. Hehe!


Hello! >.<


Sorry I couldn't write last week. So many emails and I was only able to respond to a few...SORRY!


I have now been in my new area Molino for two weeks now! Time flies fast peeps!


I'm still adjusting to be quite honest.


I have gone from a "province-like" area where the people are super poor and willing to listen to our message to a VERY RICH AREA that is just city all around--YAY POLLUTION!! Yes, the air is so bad here, sometimes I feel like I can't breathe, but all is fine. That's the city life!


I LOVE my two new companions.


One is Sister Bellita. She is from Cebu and is just a transfer ahead of me. She is 27 years old, but she is just a tiny little thing with a fiesty/big personality. She's pretty awesome(:


And then my other companion is Sister Gabalfin. She is BRAND SPANKIN NEW from the MTC an has been here in the mission field for 8 weeks now. She's also from Cebu and is adjusting to the Language, the environment, and just "mission life" in general. So I am half following her up as her second Nanay, but I tell her to just call me Tita instead(; Lol.


It's been so fun being with these two Sisters. Sometimes I don't understand them cause they speak a different dialect then Tagalog, but I'm learning from them each and every day too! Sobrang astig sila talaga!!>.<


We are shot gunning as area (which means we are given a brand new area to work in where we don't know anyone cause for all of us it's our first time in the area). So that's been a bit difficult. We have such a huge area! We always joke that we see so many of these big houses (some mansions) but walang tao (no people). It's been a bit tricky to try to teach, but we pray every day for the guidance of the spirit to help us find those that Heavenly Father has prepared us for.


We have some really great investigators though.


One is a couple who are both SO Golden, especially the man. They're young too! Sister's name is Emenia and Brother's, Allan. Allan when he first met us told us how he was thirsting for truth, he is truly a prepared spirit! I remember we had just taught them Word of Wisdom and asked him to commit to follow it and he was willing to whole heartedly (though he didn't really have any problems with it), then we extended him a baptism invitation and he said, "Yes, I'm Mormon already" because he basically lives his life like a Mormon. They are both so excited and are getting ready to get the papers to be married. We can't wait for them to enter the waters of baptism(:



Oh! There's this member in our ward (yah I'm in an actual ward now, weird) who is one of our closest friends here named Arnel and he has just received his call to Scottsdale Arizona! He's so awesome. So excited he gets to go serve in the states. He's really nervous though because it's far and he'll have to be speaking English. But I know he is excited as well.
 he started to like me. Soooo weird. But I don't like him. He's just my friend. So funny though!


We have a baptism this week for a Part-Member family so that should be GREAT!!!>.<


OMG, yesterday at church I walked in and the High Council man came up to me and told me I was singing for the prelude that day for church. I looked at him like "Whaaa???" and told him that I wasn't prepared. He told me to prepare for next week. It's been a while since I've sang. I met his wife last week and they were going on about how I kind of sound like the JETS--I immediately told them I knew them! That they're basically family! It was so funny, all these older women and they started singing all the JETS songs. I guess she told her husband. Oh well. Haha!!


The work is good. Praying we find people and progress this area!


Mahal ko kayo lahat!!>.< Mwaaahh!!


Love, Sis Alapa

No comments:

Post a Comment